PROFFORMANCE Assessment tool for higher education teacher performance
- Elaborated by the PROFFORMANCE consortium with collaboration of outstanding international experts.
- Complex, comprehensive, formative tool.
- Provides feedback for teachers, HE institutions, policy decision makers.
- Three dimensional tool:
- Dimension 1: Assessing teachers’ roles, tasks in a wide spectrum.
- Dimension 2: Assessing competences in priority areas such as:
- Dimension 3: The assessment is done by
- the teacher HIM/HERSELF
- PEER teachers
It facilitates development of Teaching & Learning strategies, provides data for systems aiming at teacher assessment, development incentives, complements existing quality assurance systems. The usage of the PROFFORMANCE assessment tool can contribute to the quality of teaching on the individual, institutional, national and international levels.
The open, online PROFFORMANCE assessment tool will be freely available from automn 2022. Tiil then you may try its demo version at tool.proffromance.eu website.
THE PROFFORMANCE ASSESSMENT TOOL
The PROFFORMANCE consortium is honoured to announce that it has developed a well-rounded assessment tool for teachers’ performance evaluation at higher education institutions. Well-rounded means that it is 3 dimensional:
- it covers a wide-range of HE teacher activities related to teaching and learning,
- it also evaluates teachers’ performance from the view of the teachers themselves, their peers, their students - and it also intends to give the possibility for managers and even stakeholders to give feedback (these parts are not yet ready),
- and it offers the possibility to draw attention to the European Union’s and European Higher Education Area’s priorities such as: digitalization, internationalization, inclusion and (sustainability).
HOW AND BY WHOM WAS IT DEVELOPED?
The tool development has been an almost one-year process with the involvement of the PROFFORMANCE consortium partners with more than 20 international experts, and with the contribution of the evaluating stakeholders. The development process started in November 2020 and finished in October 2021. PROFFORMANCE experts worked together online synchronously in the frame of peer learning activities and working group meetings and asynchronously on online co-working platforms with the involvement of external experts and stakeholders as well. After collecting HE teachers tasks and roles, the structurization and rationalization process started and the EU and EHEA priorities have been defined as horizontal aspects. Finally upon the model of the self-assessment version of the assessment tool, the peer and student versions have been adjusted as well.
WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?
The test version of the assessment tool contains 3 elements: the self, the peer and the student part. It has a temporary format in Google Forms. (The finalized digital version will be developed by PROFFORMANCE.)
WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR?
The tool will be useful to complement or be embedded into the existing quality assurance systems of the HEIs, and it is a tool to be used for teacher performance evaluation with special regard to T&L in international cooperation such as strategic partnerships, joint or double degrees, knowledge alliances or the newly formed European University Alliances.
The tool will provide data on strengths and weaknesses at individual and institutional level, and provides evidence for (further)developing institutional T&L strategies, teacher performance and career management systems and in-service and further training.
THE TEST VERSION OF THE TOOL
1.Self-assessment questionnaire - deadline: 20th January 2022
- to be completed individually by the teacher,
- filling time approx. 20 minutes,
2.Peer-assessment questionnaire - deadline: 20th January 2022
- to be completed by two colleagues in the frame of a mutual interview
- filling time approx. 60 minutes (professional discussion + completion),
3. Student feedback questionnaire - deadline: last lesson in first semester
- students complete preferably during the last lesson,
- filling time approx. 20 minutes
TA1 – Curriculum/Course Design and Development (9 Q, Student 5 Q)
TA2 – Teaching Performance and the Student’s Learning Support (12 Q, Student 8 Q)
TA3 – Assessing the Student's Learning (8 Q, Student 5 Q)
TA4 – Professional Development for the Quality of Teaching (10 Q)
TA5 – Teaching-related Research, Innovation and Social Responsibility (13 Q, St 6 Q)
TA6 – Organizational and Administrative Tasks (just Self 11 Q, Student 3 Q)
4 HORIZONTAL DIMENSIONS:
Inclusion and diversity